For the Attention of Suspended Students who Failed in the Preparatory Class at the end of 2017-2018
English Proficiency Exam (IYS) will be held on 12-13 June 2019 for students who were placed in one of our English Programs by 2017 ÖSYM exam results and failed in the preparatory class and also for suspended students who are preparing for the exam externally. To register for the exam, students are required to fill in the petition form below and submit it to the Secretarial Office of the School of Foreign Languages in Orhanlı-Tuzla Campus by the end of the business day on May 20, 2019 at the latest.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY EXAM-İYS
WRITING EXAM: 12 June 2019, Wednesday
1) First Session (LRUoE) starts at 10.30
2) Writing session at 13.30 and ends at 14.45 (75 mins)
SPEAKING EXAM: 13 June 2019, Thursday
Speaking Exam starts at 10.30
- The following students are not allowed to take the English Proficiency Exam: students who have exceeded the absence limit as per Article 12 paragraph 1 of İstanbul Medeniyet University Regulation on Foreign Language Preparation Education and Examination published in the Official Gazette on 13 April 2019 under no 30744 and students who are registered in the Foreign Language Preparation Class but whose year-end grade is below 60 as required by the decision of the Board of the School of Foreign Languages according to Article 11 paragraph 1 subparagraph (a) of the same regulation.
- Students who have not paid their tuition fees cannot take the English Proficiency Exam.
- Students who registered based on 2017 or 2018 OSYM scores, have attended the classes during the 2018-2019 academic year, and have a year-end grade above 60 do not need to submit the petition form. These students will be directly admitted to the English Proficiency Exam on the announced dates and times.
- Of the students who were admitted by 2017 OSYM scores and are registered in any of the Turkish programs, those who received but failed in preparatory education in 2017-2018 academic year can submit their forms in the announced timeline to take the exam.
- Petition forms should be submitted by the petitioner in person. Students can also send their original petition forms by postal mail addressed to 'Yabancı Diller Yüksekokulu Sekreterliği' by the end of the business day on May 20, 2019 at the latest. Petition forms arriving after this date will not be accepted. School of Foreign Languages cannot be held responsible for documents that are delivered or damaged cargo.
- Exam takers are required to bring their student ID cards to the exam venue. Those who lack their ID cards may present their student certificates obtained from the e-government gateway.
- Late comers will not be admitted to the exam. Students are expected to be present in the announced exam room at least half an hour before the exam starts.