Certificate Program Of Teaching Turkish For Foreigners
TURKISH TEACHING, APPLICATION AND RESEARCH CENTER (IMU TÖMER)
CERTIFICATE PROGRAM OF TEACHING TURKISH FOR FOREIGNERS
With the increasing interest in Turkish language and culture, teaching Turkish to foreigners has become an important and developing discipline. This interest is growing further with Turkey’s increasing global role, our rich tangible and intangible cultural assets, and the presence of large Turkish-speaking communities throughout the world. It is among the aims of our higher education institutions to respond to the need for modern and scientific methods.
In order to fulfill our part in this important mission, Istanbul Medeniyet University Turkish Teaching Application and Research Center (IMU TÖMER) is organizing a certificate program with a team of academic staff with years of experience in teaching Turkish to foreigners.
Contributions of the program:
1. To gain competence in language teaching,
2. To learn the modern techniques and methods related to the field both in theory and practice
3. To find the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge learned in the ongoing classes in Turkish teaching.
4. To be able to document your knowledge and experience in teaching Turkish to foreigners in domestic and foreign institutions,
5. To interact with students from different cultures and parts of the world.
Who Can Apply?:
· Senior students and graduates of the Language and Literature Departments.
Contents of the program:
The program will take place between 17 June – 28 June 2019.
The certificate program consists of 60 hours of theoretical and practical education.
Courses will be between 13.00-18.00 on weekdays in IMU South Campus.
Practice lessons (observation and instructing) will be held in the morning of the second week between 9.00-13.00.
Fees and Payment Informations:
1. The program fee is 1.100 TL.
2. For the students, graduates and members of Istanbul Medeniyet University, the program fee is 800 TL.
3. Title: İstanbul Medeniyet Üniversitesi Döner Sermaye İşletme Müdürlüğü
4. Bank: T.C. ZİRAAT BANKASI
5. Branch: ÇEMENZAR ŞUBESİ
6. Account No: 900-63630679-5001
7. IBAN: TR21 0001 0009 0063 6306 7950 01
As for the explanation part “TÖMER 2019 SERTİFİKA 1” and Name-Surname must be written.
**Istanbul Medeniyet University Turkish Language Teaching and Research Center (IMU TÖMER) has the right to make changes in the program. There should be minimum 30 participants to launch the program.
1. Application and Registration : 01 May - 15 June 2019
2. Course Beginning : 17 June 2019 at 13.00
3. Exam : 28 June 2019 at 10.00
4. Certificate Ceremony : 03 July 2019
Documents for registration:
1. A photocopy of diplomas for graduates, student certificate for students
2. Photocopy of identity card/ Passport
3. 2 Photos
4. Payment note