MoU Signed with International University of Sarajevo
A memorandum of understanding was signed by IMU’s Rector Prof. M. İhsan Karaman, M.D. and Prof. Tahsin Erkan Türe, Rector of the International University of Sarajevo (IUS), on 22.11.2017 to promote cooperation between IMU and IUS, to strengthen scholarly and cultural ties, and to broaden student and faculty horizons. Hereby, the two institutions agree to the following matters concerning cooperation.
- The parties will strive to deepen the existing relations in the sphere of scholarly, professional and vocational cooperation and to develop new relations on the principle of mutual benefit.
- Both Universities may exchange academic staff and/or students and promote and sponsor joint research projects, joint degrees and double diplomas. Any proposed activity is subject to the approval of the receiving University.
- The parties may organize lifelong learning programs, conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, cultural organizations, sporting events as well as venue sharing. Both parties agree to promote the exchange of educational / research materials and publications, including the exchange of library resources and promote and provide mentorship service for the second and third cycle candidates in the partner university.
- Both parties agree to undertake joint activities to raise funds for the activities planned and may agree to waive or charge tuition fees for the exchange students they accept under the agreement on a reciprocal basis.
- Students or academic and administrative staff who wish to study at IUS English Language School (ELS) shall pay a fee for tuition and a separate fee for course materials. The student shall sign a separate ELS contract, detailing all relevant IUS ELS participants’ rights, obligations and duties. Tuition fee may be subject to change depending on mutual agreement.
- Students may take individual courses or spend a semester / year at the receiving university.
- The details for any support services required as part of proposed activities such as accommodation, board and airport pickup will be clarified in a separate document.
- The Agreement shall remain in force for a five-year period, renewable by explicit agreement.